Ceiling hob extractor - recirculation

Hi all,

We have MHRV (As I fitted a few years back), and as part of our current extension, we are having a bigger kitchen.

The boss has decided on a ceiling mount extractor:  https://www.neff-home.com/uk/productlist/extractor-hoods/ceiling-installation/integrated-ceiling-hoods/I94CAQ6N0B

For our MHRV to work properly, we need to pair it with a recirculation kit, which is big and ugly: https://www.neff-home.com/uk/supportdetail/product/Z52JXC1W1(00)

What have others done for recirculation with this type of extractor?  Are there other brands of recirculation filter that are smaller and less ugly?  Don't really want horrible grill on our nice drop-ceiling above the island!

Many thanks

Tim

For a given airflow the further the extractor is away from the hob, the more rubbish it performs. Would suspect a ceiling extractor to pretty rubbish at removing smells etc. Your MVHR will do an ok job with steam without the additional extractor. 

Just looked at the spec, that is really noisy, and pretty expensive.

MVHR is also the way we're planning to control humidity and ventilation in the house and we were planning to have a ceiling mount for our island. 

I say "were" as we've now decided on a different solution.

I partly blame Bake Off but we're now committed to hide-and-slide ovens and the Neff ecosystem. Have you considered a downdraft extractor? The in-hob one compromises the hob cooking area a little and the glass downdraft is very expensive but haveing seen them in action (or their same-factory Siemens equivalents) I am extremely expressed, more to the point, so is Mrs Tet

Regards

Tet

16 hours ago, JohnMo said:

For a given airflow the further the extractor is away from the hob, the more rubbish it performs. Would suspect a ceiling extractor to pretty rubbish at removing smells etc. Your MVHR will do an ok job with steam without the additional extractor. 

Just looked at the spec, that is really noisy, and pretty expensive.

Yes aware that being so high it won't be as effective... thats outside of my control!

I didn't think it looked to be very noisy?  My wife works in kitchen design, so we get it for under half the price on Neff's website.

14 hours ago, Tetrarch said:

Have you considered a downdraft extractor? The in-hob one compromises the hob cooking area a little and the glass downdraft is very expensive but haveing seen them in action (or their same-factory Siemens equivalents) I am extremely expressed, more to the point, so is Mrs Tet

We looked at the in-hob ones, but want the full 5 hobs, and also I dread to think the crap that would get stuck in there!

Siemens, Neff and Bosch are identical I discovered, all made by BSH group!

14 hours ago, TonyT said:

Have a look at greenwood or vent axia as a starting point

Greenwood have a decent web site, I shall contact them as I cannot see anything suitable there.

Do you have any links for them or Vent Axia for specific items?  Google isn't coming up with what I want.

Thanks