Help - swapping direct for indirect (unvented hot water)

newbiehome

I am in the process of buying a house. Given kwh cost of electricity - I am hoping to swap out the direct unvented hot water cylinder (in the landing airing cupboard) with a direct equivalent. Underfloor heating manifolds are in the same cupboard. Boiler (feeding underfloor heating) is in the attic.  Assuming given presence of a boiler this is possible? Any foreseeable issues and an idea of expected costs would be much appreciated. 

Thanks both - much appreciated. It’s a gas boiler. Thought it a little strange too but told it was electric hot water tank - survey also confirmed. But will clarify with the estate agent. If boiler is in the attic, will this add to the cost (additional pipe work etc)? Any idea of cost bracket for the job? Apologies - first time buyer and a little clueless!  

10 minutes ago, newbiehome said:

Thanks both - much appreciated. It’s a gas boiler. Thought it a little strange too but told it was electric hot water tank - survey also confirmed. But will clarify with the estate agent. If boiler is in the attic, will this add to the cost (additional pipe work etc)? Any idea of cost bracket for the job? Apologies - first time buyer and a little clueless!  

I've come across a similar install in an old house where I replaced the boiler. The direct cylinder was built in under the stairs during a previous renovation with no access to remove and replace the cylinder without taking out the stairs! The solution was to install a plate heat exchanger external to the direct cylinder with a hot water/potable water circulator pump and then plumb the gas boiler flow and return through the heat exchanger. Then just wired up the pump to run when cylinder called for heat. Not ideal but when needs must an alternative solution.