EML for Reveals

Barney12

OK, so I need to cover the timber cavity closures between the block work and the windows ready for rendering (traditional sand and cement).

Im thinking:

Staple building paper/membrane to the timber so that the timber doesn't pull the water out faster than the blockwork.

100mm EML mesh roll which overlaps onto the blocks.

Two unresolved thoughts:

Stainless or galvanised EML?

How to attach the EML? 

Decisions, decisions. :/ 

Just regarding stainless or galv I have had the galv rust before especially at the cut ends. 

So be careful to re coat cut ends or try to avoid cheaper poorly galvanised stuff, 

there is a lot of poor quality galv fencing around that is rusting after only 5 years. 

If just for the reveals can you use a modified bag render and include the fibre mesh in it, what are your corner beads, after using plastic I don't think I will ever buy a galv one again. 

7 hours ago, Russell griffiths said:

Just regarding stainless or galv I have had the galv rust before especially at the cut ends. 

So be careful to re coat cut ends or try to avoid cheaper poorly galvanised stuff, 

there is a lot of poor quality galv fencing around that is rusting after only 5 years. 

If just for the reveals can you use a modified bag render and include the fibre mesh in it, what are your corner beads, after using plastic I don't think I will ever buy a galv one again. 

My heart is telling me stainless. 

Renderer has specified plastic beads.