Am I being too fussy about a wall being out of square..?

So this is part of my loft conversion. The stairwell.. I'm at the part where I'm about to knock the ceiling through in that area and have been marking up wall positions through to upstairs, I've noticed the wall marked in red is not square, it leans into the dining area by about 20mm over 1700mm.. To my eye I don't like it, especially because the stairs will be on that wall coming up and I feel it will be noticeable. 

I'm not going to be in a position to demolish and rebuild the entire wall, so I have 2 options. 

1 - ignore my fussiness, just build the staircase on the wall as is, I'm going to be building it in situ anyways, so I can allow for the variation. 

2 - render the wall and build it out on the right side by 20mm, feathering it to nothing

I'm thinking that you would notice the wall being out of square mainly from exiting the bedroom bottom left upstairs, and as long as I corrected the squareness at the front and bottom of the staircase it wouldn't even notice against square floor tiles..? 

Brick Kiln endgame (1).jpg

Upstairs.jpeg

How old is the building? I'm a bit fascinated by the way we (me too) instinctively want things plumb and square and at-the-same time love the out-of-shape quirkiness of old buildings, old furniture and old industrial artifacts. 

I'm not being facetious - is there any chance that in 10, 50 or 100 years someone will think how wonderfully quirky and full of life that out-of-square wall will be?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Alan Ambrose said:

I'm a bit fascinated by the way we (me too) instinctively want things plumb and square and at-the-same time love the out-of-shape quirkiness of old buildings,

Oh that’s me too!!!, however I find it’s what it looks like to the eye, a wonky wall against a straight one will be noticeable, 20mm is not too bad over the length but it depends on how OCD you are, if like me you will “see it” every time you go past then feather it out for a peaceful future life.

• Like 1

It's a 60s bungalow.. Not much was exactly square to begin with. But this is an eye catching area. 

Not old enough or original enough to be quirky. 

But despite me pointing out to the Mrs how far it is out, she can't see it. So maybe it's just me? 

20mm over just under 2m