MVHR -> Distribution Box Install

Currently trying to picture my MVHR install. Right hand unit to be wall mounted in the loft, all room ducts come up through the loft boards, 2x 10x port distribution boxes to be mounted next to the unit (somewhere), in theory the boxes could be below the loft boards, but it would need additional joints and would make them inaccessible.

I'm thinking of having them all wall mounted serially and use spiral ducting, attenuators (thinking spiral attenuators vs the flexible ones) and multiple 45 degree elbows to make the connections.

Does anyone have anything similar I can see some pictures of?

13 minutes ago, jayc89 said:

Does anyone have anything similar I can see some pictures of?

Possibly something like this?

PXL_20201001_110010775.thumb.jpg.ff935418c399646a21743a67d292fce9.jpg

If you get room diffuser plenums with a side entry port, the pipe comes out horizontally so can run between joists under the loft board and come up in a more convenient location

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, joth said:

Possibly something like this?

PXL_20201001_110010775.thumb.jpg.ff935418c399646a21743a67d292fce9.jpg

If you get room diffuser plenums with a side entry port, the pipe comes out horizontally so can run between joists under the loft board and come up in a more convenient location

Nice, that'd work quite well. What size attenuators are those, no problem with sound transfer? I was thinking 600mm for supply and 300mm for extract (for rooms where noise transfer is less of a concern) How did you secure the distribution boxes to the wall like that?

51 minutes ago, crispy_wafer said:

This might be of use.  I used plastic pipe for what it's worth.  Plenums mounted to either side of the attic out the way!  Strap banding used to hold/support the attenuators, last photo you'll have to look past the AC unit!

image.thumb.jpeg.f546aa4f5aeadc6e7e7b657ae2b1e08f.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.7959957e4b1f36ef6e23750ed15344cb.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.4dd9e88bb6917ebeccc2ea5494280e74.jpeg

Awesome, thanks. Any problems with the tight bends? I was thinking of using 2x 45 degree bends, or a long sweeping 90. More out of caution than any solid reasoning!

Those attenuators are 600's,

used 90's as that's what I could get at the time of install, if I could get a nice sweeping bends then I'd probably spend a morning and reconfigure it tbh, it's not commissioned yet so cant really answer if those have caused too much pressure drop at the normal running setting.

• Like 1