HP grant

26 minutes ago, JohnMo said:

That's only if it cost you £5k.

Just paid 5k for an electric connection 

Presume gas would be the same 

5k to the pump guys for a 14 kw mits 

Make a change from paying extra for things

24 minutes ago, joe90 said:

And no ongoing monthly gas payments as well 👍.

I must have been lucky at £525 for my gas connection.

Even though I now have an ASHP I have kept the gas, as I don't have my UVC installed yet.

But looking at costs purely DHW from gas. And basically endless hot water, from a preheated combi boiler.

Gas standing charge is £0.275 / day, so £100 per year. We are currently using circa 6kWh of gas per day, at £0.0685 /  kWh. So £150, so all in £250.

ASHP on DHW should average out a CoP of between 3 to 2.5, plus some minor cylinder losses. Cost for ASHP (6 multiplied 365), divided by 3 (CoP), and then multiplied by £0.273, is £200. If CoP is closer to 2.5 the price is around £240. All in all not much difference in cost just from a DHW perspective. Environmental perspective is different, that's why I have a HP UVC ready to install.

38 minutes ago, nod said:

14 kw mits

That's a big unit for a new build?

35 minutes ago, JohnMo said:

I must have been lucky at £525 for my gas connection.

Even though I now have an ASHP I have kept the gas, as I don't have my UVC installed yet.

But looking at costs purely DHW from gas. And basically endless hot water, from a preheated combi boiler.

Gas standing charge is £0.275 / day, so £100 per year. We are currently using circa 6kWh of gas per day, at £0.0685 /  kWh. So £150, so all in £250.

ASHP on DHW should average out a CoP of between 3 to 2.5, plus some minor cylinder losses. Cost for ASHP (6 multiplied 365), divided by 3 (CoP), and then multiplied by £0.273, is £200. If CoP is closer to 2.5 the price is around £240. All in all not much difference in cost just from a DHW perspective. Environmental perspective is different, that's why I have a HP UVC ready to install.

That's a big unit for a new build?

Yes told only just big enough 

One quote wanted to put two units in 

Yes our previous build connections where cheap 

All under a 1000

Unfortunately we have to close a road this time 

• 4 weeks later...
On 04/10/2023 at 11:29, Moonshine said:

Yes, we are having out ASHP installed

@Moonshine - is this being installed in a new self build?

The way I read the GOV.UK website, the grant is only issued if you are replacing a gas boiler. Am I looking at the correct web pages or is there a specific grant for new self builds?

On 30/10/2023 at 15:52, BotusBuild said:

@Moonshine - is this being installed in a new self build?

The way I read the GOV.UK website, the grant is only issued if you are replacing a gas boiler. Am I looking at the correct web pages or is there a specific grant for new self builds?

yes it is, its available for new buids.

25 minutes ago, Moonshine said:

yes it is, its available for new buids.

https://www.ofgem.gov.uk/environmental-and-social-schemes/boiler-upgrade-scheme-bus/property-owners

Property eligibility

The scheme is open to domestic and non-domestic properties in England and Wales.
New build properties are not eligible for the scheme, with the exception of self-builds that have:

• been built mainly using the labour or resources of the first owner
  • never been owned by a business or organisation

my BUS voucher for £7.5k was granted this morning, and the installer is finishing up the commissioning next week, The installer i am using has said that the number of enquiries they have received since the increase has nuts