underfloor heating and fast curing screed

tillywiz

we are just about tearing our hair out trying to find a company in south somerset who does fast cure underfloor heating screed .how difficult is it for the ordinary layman to use or can anyone suggest a company as everyone is quoting anhydride screeds.

6 hours ago, tillywiz said:

we are just about tearing our hair out trying to find a company in south somerset who does fast cure underfloor heating screed .how difficult is it for the ordinary layman to use or can anyone suggest a company as everyone is quoting anhydride screeds.

Your still looking at a day per millimetre if you want sand and cement screed

If you go for 50 mil pumped concrete it cures in a matter of days

25%  extra though 

29 minutes ago, Declan52 said:

You can put additives in which greatly speed the drying up. I added some to my sand cement screed and it was ready to tile in  14 days. 

It's not so much the drying, it's  the curing with UFH.

Cadnans who are doing my UFH next week still advise gradually heating the screed over 28 days before tiling even when using dura matting.

Years ago before the advent of flexible adhesives we used to screed in the morning and lay boards and tile in the afternoon. I can't remember any of those lifting.

This will be the first time I've had UFH in our home so I'll err on the side of caution.

Mine was a mapie product that was basically a rapid hardener so it cured and dried out fast. I still followed the slight increase in temp each day when I got the plumbing sorted. 

Any reason you are in such a rush to tile?? 

18 hours ago, tillywiz said:

Avoid liquid screeds if your tiling / bonding the floor covering down. A lot of prep work after its cured. Nowhere near as tolerant as dry S&C screed for laying on 'too soon' too. 

10 hours ago, Declan52 said:

Any reason you are in such a rush to tile?? 

I'm with Declan. Why the rush? There are companies who will put a sand and cement screed down and certify to 'dry' in very short timeframes.

Ronacrete

Flowcrete

@tillywiz, have you spoken to either of them ? I'll ring my guy in a bit and see what he has to say.