Matching floor level with wet room former

jayc89

The former I'm looking for our wet room is 30mm deep, the plywood flooring is 22mm, so there's an 8mm difference between the two. The ply will be glued and screwed followed by an electrical UFH mat. Should self leveller then be used to them make up the difference between the ply + UFH mat and the former height before tiling across the lot?

• 1 month later...
On 09/09/2023 at 07:56, ProDave said:

Why use a 30mm former, 22mm formers are readily available?

Looking for a 1800 x 900 linear former. I can only find 30mm true linear ones (i.e. ones that don't need tiles cut at angles, which we don't want)

That might be OK though, because with a 30mm buildup, I'd have 22mm sub floor, 3mm UFH mat, 3mm decoupling mat, add a couple of mills of adhesive between those layers will be me up to 30mm. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Still struggling with these formers. What exactly is a linear former? My assumption was they could be finished will full tiles, but it seems that's not the case. As an example, I found this one - https://www.ezheat.co.uk/1800-x-900-x-30mm-linear-wetroom-shower-tray-kit-with-drain-choice-of-grate/ - which seems pretty cheap, but when I got in contact with them, they said any tiles larger than 50x50 need to be cut down or they'll span the fall, but the diagram on their site still suggests diagonal cuts would be needed!?

I really don't like the look of diagonal cuts - any suggestions for a decent size former (ideally 1800 x 900) that I can lay full tiles to?