Foul Drainage

Mohawk88

Hi,

We’ve submitted a planning application (third time lucky…) and have. Received a letter back asking us to indicate what method of foul drainage we are proposing. Broadly speaking are the 2

options either connecting to the mains drainage, or a septic tank? The plot is located on the edge of a village approximately 50-75 metres from the next adjacent property. 

Thanks

It is 134m from our property to the nearest manhole cover, and the majority of that is along a single track country lane. Just about to tackle the Wessex Water connections page and see if I can get a quote for connection plus roadworks. 
Can anyone point me towards a site which would let me calculate price + installation + running costs on a home treatment plant?

Thanks

10 hours ago, Mohawk88 said:

It is 134m from our property to the nearest manhole cover, and the majority of that is along a single track country lane. Just about to tackle the Wessex Water connections page and see if I can get a quote for connection plus roadworks. 
Can anyone point me towards a site which would let me calculate price + installation + running costs on a home treatment plant?

Thanks

get mains any other option is just hassle and will devalue the place when it comes to sell.

you need to determine the fall from your place to nearest manhole. hopefully you are on a hill as 13mm per m which is min you can get away with using 110mm pipe means you need 2262mm of fall. More than likely a cheap £750 pumped chamber will do the job. Just the cost of running  a shallow trench from said manhole to your boundry.

10 hours ago, Mohawk88 said:

It is 134m from our property to the nearest manhole cover

You don't need to connect into an existing manhole, you can connect anywhere along the line.  If the pipe is fairly large you can connect using a saddle but you may need a new manhole.

How close is the sewer at is nearest point?