ASHP pipe route.

Big Jimbo

I'm considering fitting ASHP on my new build. Thinking of putting the unit behind the detached garage. That means the pipes would have to travel about 6meters to get into the house, under a side patio. Any idea how this is usually done ?  If i can bury the pipes underground and insulate them, would i be ok to carry them on underneath the block and beam floor. I could insulate them well under there. If i am better to bring them up into the floor of the house, i'm planning on having 200mm of pir before the screed. Would it be better to run the pipes in between the Two layers of pir. I am planning on having the hot water tank, and ground floor underfloor heating manifold under the stairs.

Any pointers kind ladies and gents. 

I made my own buried pipes after seeing the thermal rubbish on offer for stupid money.

28mm Hep2O pipe, 25mm thick black foam insulation, aluminium taped, inserted in 110mm flexible pipe. Sealed at found level with stainless steel mesh and spray foam.

• Thanks 1

On 04/09/2023 at 16:00, HughF said:

HiLine E-Flex, 

That's the way to do it. Expensive but a good job. It is not easily managed through walls and floors as it is wide and has a large radius, so needs thinking through.

I once had to take it about 10m so provided additional insulation in the trench above it....no calculations, just because I could.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, saveasteading said:

That's the way to do it. Expensive but a good job. It is not easily managed through walls and floors as it is wide and has a large radius, so needs thinking through.

I once had to take it about 10m so provided additional insulation in the trench above it....no calculations, just because I could.

Mine is terminating just to the right hand side of the front door, I'll transition to copper there, then box it all in where it needs to come through the front wall.

No need to bring it through a floor slab in my install, luckily.