Good Morning

I have first fixed all my MVHR and now have majority of ceilings boarded with the MVHR outlets sticking through.

My question is when is the best time to trim them level? After skimming?

I have 2 parts left ( see attached pics) and to be honest I’m not sure when/how to install them. If anyone could advise it would be greatly appreciated 

IMG_1206.png

IMG_1205.jpeg

2 hours ago, jfb said:

Presumably the grey bit pushes into the duct and then you screw the cowl on?

check it and see.

plasterers going to be happy if it is cut back so can plaster without restriction

Thank you @jfb I’ll trim my outlets about 3mm below plasterboard level. Then once they have skimmed I’ll push the grey bit in ready to install cowl

Push the grey bit in and scim up to it so it flush with finished ceiling, then the cap just screws in tight. The foam you will see on the back of the white suck/blow plates compress against your paint work. 

Screwing the suck/blow plates on takes a bit of faff to get the hang of it, line up the prongs with the grooves to help. 

I had exactly the same confusion!! 

Edited by Andehh

19 hours ago, richo106 said:

I’ll trim my outlets about 3mm below plasterboard level.

Definitely don’t leave 3mm below plasterboard level, just cut it level or slightly recessed. Much easier to plaster and makes no difference to vent going in.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, richo106 said:

Thanks all for the comments, do I push the grey bit in before or after skimming? 

Many Thanks 

Our supplier recommended a bead of fireproof sealant on the outside of the grey bit before pushing it in. Then we secured with a self tapping screw at around 45 degrees. White bits just screw in at the end - the two different profiles are for supply and extract, can't remember which is which off the top of my head but hopefully someone will be able to tell you!

All this was after decoration etc.