So a new price cap on energy

SteamyTea

After a bit of digging about, found this.

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/2023/08/energy-bills-to-fall-as-new-price-cap-is-announced---what-you-ne/

Seems that gas is 6.89p/kWh and electricity is 27.35p/kWh.

There are regional variations and the standing charge rates have not been released yet.

Don't help me calculate anything as I am on E7 which is calculated in a most peculiar way.

5 minutes ago, gaz_moose said:

force everyone into buying electric cars then double the price of electric. seems a common tactic, ween you onto their product then shaft you on the price when your addicted.

Nobody forced me to buy an electric car.  I chose to buy one because its better than a petrol car.

Edited by Mr Blobby
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, gaz_moose said:

force everyone into buying electric cars then double the price of electric. seems a common tactic, ween you onto their product then shaft you on the price when your addicted.

As I understand it the price rises last winter were kept lower than they might otherwise have been by promising to allow them to remain higher longer. eg to allow the shortfall to be recovered.  

28 minutes ago, gaz_moose said:

That is making an assumption that the government, car manufacturers and energy companies are in collusion.

This government has shown repeatably, that they are incapable of organising anything.

And anyway, and EV, charged at home, like most are, is still cheaper to run that an ICE.

22 minutes ago, Temp said:

As I understand it the price rises last winter were kept lower than they might otherwise have been by promising to allow them to remain higher longer. eg to allow the shortfall to be recovered. 

Quite possibly, and probably a better way to do it while there was more cash in the economy.

I heard on the radio this morning that there may be another increase in standing charge as that is not covered by the price cap.