Manifold Placement and Plastering

iMCaan

Hi 

Thanks @Redoctober for sharing the photos back in 2019. I hope you don't mind me using your UFH photos posted elsewhere on buildhub.

We will be laying liquid screed first and then plastering as suggested by many and as shown in the photos by @Redoctober. We will too be screwing the manifold to MDF board and then screwing MDF board to concrete block wall.

All good so far. However, I'm unsure about how the plastering (dot and dab and skimming on a concrete block wall) will be done behind the manifold MDF board? If it's just as simple as tilting the MDF board forward then will that damage the screed or pipes/connectors?

Thanks

DSC00810.thumb.JPG.0d422771de6e4694c7fc465aa120e3b3.jpg

Manifold.JPG.05fc34172d630197ca9bb66a0d1baa48.jpg

Edited by iMCaan
  • Like 1

• iMCaan changed the title to Manifold Placement and Plastering

Make your back board (MDF, Ply, OSB etc) a little larger so in the example above it goes all the way left to the corner of the room, a bit further right behind the feed pipes and all the way down to the floor.  then it is simple to plasterboard and skim around it.

Set the back board flush to the wall so you are plastering up to it, NOT behind it.

• Like 3

I bolted my manifold to a length of 4x2, screwed either end to a stud. Simply unscrewed it when it came to boarding time. It just hung forward and board went in behind. The screwed manifold directly to the wall.

• Like 1