'Packaged' UVC, larger than 200l?

Viessmann do them I believe, need deep pockets for some, others don't look to bad. You can get Erp A+ ones from there also. Vaillant may also.

Ignore the above they are round

Edited by JohnMo

13 hours ago, Iceverge said:

What's the special requirement for a square one driven by? 

We dont have a dedicated plant room in our design. The cylinder is going on the first floor in the 'airing cupboard'  as far as i am concerned.  Wife not too happy, so the TF company proposed(and had arbitrarily decided) that it should go in the utility room.

This takes up space and the pipe work does not fit with the asthetic. 

So a neatly packaged unit that looks like a fridge would fit the bill. 

I think 200L is a little small for a 200 m2 4 bed house based on what i have read.

Just now, JohnMo said:

How about a slimline cylinder actually build in to a tall unit. Like a fridge?

If i thought i could be sure a plumber would/could arrange everything in a manner that i could 'package' myself then yes this is a good way forward.

I did think about a horizontal cylinder in the loft. A discussion elsewhere advised against on the grounds of the loft being un heated.

Now, it is true there will not be any heating in my loft but the rafters have 160mm+ of Kingspan and are designed at U = .11

Is a horizontal cylinder a terrible idea?

Actually i will create a separate thread for this question

Edited by Post and beam
raised as a separate thread

Could you put it in the loft (if you have one) but within the thermal envelope (ie no loft insulation below, but 'loft' insulation all around)  Thats my current plan which will be less lossy than the vast hole I currently have in the loft insulation to keep my cw storage tank above freezing.