Window recommendations ?

Firsttimer

I was planning on going with Internorm but given the price increases over the past two to three years I'm not so sure now. I've discounted Rationel, Nordvest and Nordan.

Triple glaze would be nice, but not essential. Ideally I'd like wood / alu.  But I'd consider uPVC / alu and maybe even full uPVC (black). I'm in Edinburgh and want to be able to see the units in person without too much travelling. I'd prefer the supplier to handle installation also.

I've been talking to Scotia Architectural and am looking at Cortezo and Daku as alternative options to Internorm.

Can anyone suggest any other options / provide views on quality , cost etc / vendors up in Scotland ?

I can recommend Norrsken which we had and they handled installation as well. not sure if they have any to view in Scotland though! but give them a call and ask as there might be a customer up there who's ok to visit.

otherwise, check out @craig at Ecowin as mentioned above. He offers a few price points for triple glazed alu-clad windows. (at least he did when I spoke to him a few years ago!)

• Like 2

Up in Scotland as you describe it...our place is 160 miles further "up"  from you.

We went for Nordan for its tactile internal  quality. They couldn't do anything that wasn't rectangular*,  so that half of the order was Real brand, from Stevenswood at half the price or less. Happy with all of it., eventually. 

Our joiner fitted it all, some to new timber, some to old sandstone and granite.

* the brochures show pediment glazing but it was beyond them to even price it. So on one big feature gable it is Nordan up to a transom and Real above. Actually that's ideal as there is no point in tactile windows above 2.5m.

In our arches we subdivided it into 3 sections with angled tops. Looks curved to anyone who doesn't know.