Ceiling diffusers for MVHR

I'm hoping to self install MVHR in my bungalow. I'm going to be using 150mm ducts and I'm looking at what sort of ceiling diffusers I can use. I can't see much variation available and was hoping I could find something that looks a bit less industrial than than your normal office type unit. Does anyone have any ideas or experience in how to find something a bit more stylish? 

28 minutes ago, renternolonger said:

I'm hoping to self install MVHR in my bungalow. I'm going to be using 150mm ducts and I'm looking at what sort of ceiling diffusers I can use. I can't see much variation available and was hoping I could find something that looks a bit less industrial than than your normal office type unit. Does anyone have any ideas or experience in how to find something a bit more stylish? 

High. 150mm is very big, is this series run metal ducting? We normally use multiples of 92mm radial ducts, 2 per outlet / inlet wherever necessary. Much easier to integrate into a retrofit too, if this isn't a new build?

What is you airtightness score / target also? 

15 hours ago, renternolonger said:

something that looks a bit less industrial

If you want something non-industrial that will be noticed, then the Fräenkische Starline range includes the most decorative ones that I've come across:

https://www.fraenkische.com/en/product/profi-air-starline-designgitter?context=heat-recovery-ventilation&types=product

5 hours ago, Conor said:

@Nickfromwales I'm assuming he means the diameter of the plenum outlet.

I used lindab airy valves with flat plates in white. work well and don't notice them. All you need them to do.

Lindab airy valves look differnt.   @Conor,  are the flat plates slightly lower than the ceiling?

airy.jpg?width=1600&v=1690104554

Edited by Mr Blobby

I remember debating about my air valves and other multiple things on ceilings like smoke and co2 detectors being independent and stressing about how it might look etc.

Some wise head on here, maybe @Nickfromwales told me, after a while you won't even look at them never mind notice they are there, how true that is.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, vfrdave said:

I remember debating about my air valves and other multiple things on ceilings like smoke and co2 detectors being independent and stressing about how it might look etc.

Some wise head on here, maybe @Nickfromwales told me, after a while you won't even look at them never mind notice they are there, how true that is.

Yup.

Micro-managing is the cause of a lot of unnecessary time loss, anxiety and cost. So many customers hung up on the blackest of all-black solar PV panels etc, and ask them what they have on the roof of their current house and they don't know the answer!

I am fitting plaster-in MVHR diffusers for 2 current clients (specified in my turnkey project costs but not yet installed, I'll upload pics when done) and they'll look the dogs bollocks, but these are for low ceilings / vaulted ceilings in 1.5 storey homes etc and have been promoted just because they're "flush fitting" vs needed for aesthetics.