Grohe v Geberit

nod

Last time out we used four Geberit frames and Grohe loos taps showers 

Five years on No problems  with either 

I’m looking for five frames But have noticed good prices on A Grohe package Is there anything between the two 

You see an awful lot of Geberit flush panels in public places, pubs restaurants etc.  Does this mean they are more robust or have they just beaten Grohe on discounts.  We have Geberit now but Grohe in the last place. The Grohe one used to sometimes stick and continue running, never got to the bottom of that, sold the house and moved on  😄  But that's just one data point.

I guess also, it depends on which flush plates you want.  For the new build the Geberit black plates where what we wanted, so we went Geberit for everything.

On price, we found a parallel import site which was reasonable, as in not so much of a rip off as the UK merchants.  Before the B catastrophy, you could order from Reuter Badshop for example and buy at a 30 to 40% discount on the crazy UK pricing. Delivery was on pallets and very quick.

If you know anyone in the EU and you're likely to visit them, you could get stuff delivered to them and sling it in the back of the car/van - think you're allowed up to £600 of goods without paying tax.  Our son lived in Holland when we were doing our build, so I had all the taps delivered to him and we picked them up when we were across. Saved a lot!!

Simon

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, markharro said:

Any chance you could share where you have seen the good Grohe pricing? thanks

Good old google 

£315 inc vat frame pan and plate 

considerably cheaper the Geberit 

As I’ve said 

just a bit reluctant as we’ve had o issues with ours 

315 is decent I think, I seen 159 for for Grohe frame, cistern and plate on manomano, so about 160 for the pan looks good for british pricing.

driving me bonkers looking at sanitary ware.  The Mrs isnt particularly bothered so I'm left constructing and looking at fixtures and fittings which makes for hard work as I cant really decide.  I really want to get one pan on site so I can dry fit to set soil position, plus it makes me feel like I'm making a bit of progress and getting somewhere. 

I'm looking at floor mounted back to wall, rimless or not rimless, antibac coating or not, soft close seat or not.  choices are seemingly endless.  Think I've just about decided on white... and I want a smooth roundish surface with no indentations in the body.

V&B, Grohe, Geberit, RAK, Ideal, R2.  I'm clueless and confused 😕

4 hours ago, crispy_wafer said:

I'm looking at floor mounted back to wall, rimless or not rimless, antibac coating or not, soft close seat or not. Think I've just about decided on white... and I want a smooth roundish surface with no indentations in the body.

The Grohe 3933900H might fit the bill - just bought one myself.

Edited by Mike
  • Like 1