ASHP primary pipework undersized

Tomplumb

The flow and return to a 10kw heatpump is in 28mm copper. The manufacturers reccomdation is for 35mm. The piperun is around 8 metres. 

It isn't really possible to change the pipework as the flooring has been laid over the duct. 

Is there a solution to help with the flow rate? If a buffer was installed, would this help to have the heatpump feeding the buffer and the flow from the buffer supplying the system?

A do you have a flow rate issue? Or are you assuming?

What is the pressure drop allowed for the heat pump circulation pump?

8m pipe run to where? Is that 4m each way or 8m each way, is that to a cylinder UFH manifold etc?

2 hours ago, Conor said:

Are they recommending 35mm plastic or 35mm copper? If the former then pretty much the same as 28mm copper. 28mm copper should be more than enough.

Are you having flow rate issues?

They recommend 35mm copper. I haven't finished the installation yet but I have concerns about the 28mm. 

I guess I should re phrase the question. Would a buffer help to solve this issue? The heat pump could feed the buffer, there would be a larger volume of water that could then supply the heating system.  

38 minutes ago, jfb said:

I had 22mm instead of recommended 28mm on a 10m run. Extra pump was fitted at the hot water tank. Seems to work fine. Might even have worked fine without.

That's good to hear,  I could install a larger or an additional pump

1 hour ago, JohnMo said:

A do you have a flow rate issue? Or are you assuming?

What is the pressure drop allowed for the heat pump circulation pump?

8m pipe run to where? Is that 4m each way or 8m each way, is that to a cylinder UFH manifold etc?

Not yet,  assuming that there might be.  

8m each way to the three port valve and the cylinder and manifold is within a metre