Floor drops by 10mm

GrantMcscott

I should of relised that this was going to be an issue as when we plasterboarded down stairs we had to pack the joist out.  

So the floor in the bedroom dops by 10mm and the entrance not sure if I can use a thin underlay in the coridor and a thick one in the bedroom to resolve the issue.  if I wanted to change the hight of the floor it is a lot of work.

362882834_803295791174697_2679618395811318536_n.jpg

362892462_619855480254379_9042631974350008298_n.jpg

Does the whole floor slope?

Is it like a short ramp between two level areas?

A hollow, so down and up again? 

One option might be to find a thin underlay and use carpet tape to stick layers together where the transition is..

----

--------

-------------

Otherwise perhaps board over the room where its flat and use a self levelling compound intended for wood floors in the sloping area.

Edited by Temp
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, Temp said:

Otherwise perhaps board over the room where its flat and use a self levelling compound intended for wood floors in the sloping area.

Yup.

https://www.toolstation.com/ultraplan-renovation-screed-3240/p21200?store=W8&utm_source=googleshopping&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=googleshoppingfeed&mkwid=_dc&pcrid=&pkw=&pmt=&gclid=Cj0KCQjwn_OlBhDhARIsAG2y6zP8Eth81NL8telHABW4sOvuyIt1UaPgFYztFETuqpdHb7pIDWkWSf8aAuDhEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

Just use this to smooth the transition.

2 hours ago, GrantMcscott said:

Do you not think you will notice it if a good quality underlay and carpet was fitted?

You'll never notice this, and the only time it'll be a problem is when you stand there considering it, long after all works are complete. 

Smooth it out with some of that screed, removing the protective cover and priming first, and it'll be done and dusted.

• Like 1