75mm or 100mm Kingsland Thermafloor TF70 PIR insulation board

Alex Carr

So informative were the posts I've been reading on this forum I became a member. I'm about to embark on extensive renovation of 922metres of space extending over the lower two floors of a 4-floor, 200 yr old Grade B listed building and would really value advice on making the right choices about various aspects of the work. For example: With regard to wet underfloor  heating. I'm about to have the basement tanked, on top of which will be laid a concrete slab (150mm estimated depth) and on top of this either 75mm or 100mm foil-backed insulation boards & above this a layer of visqueen + screed with all the pipework gubbins embedded in it. My preference is to use 75mm insulation boards because they cost less, but is there is a measurable advantage in using 100mm boards instead?

Edited by Alex Carr

16 hours ago, Alex Carr said:

So informative were the posts I've been reading on this forum I became a member. I'm about to embark on extensive renovation of 922metres of space extending over the lower two floors of a 4-floor, 200 yr old Grade B listed building and would really value advice on making the right choices about various aspects of the work. For example: With regard to wet underfloor  heating. I'm about to have the basement tanked, on top of which will be laid a concrete slab (150mm estimated depth) and on top of this either 75mm or 100mm foil-backed insulation boards & above this a layer of visqueen + screed with all the pipework gubbins embedded in it. My preference is to use 75mm insulation boards because they cost less, but is there is a measurable advantage in using 100mm boards instead?

what is the area, perimeter and U values you have specified??

• 2 weeks later...