Estimated price to fix this verge ?

Ozzpala

Moved into a new house had a storm and I’ve got a nice hole on the gable end verge. Just wondering sort of price I’ll be looking at to repair this before I fish for quotes? 

Have got water ingress as it’s leaking in the bedroom next to the hole towards the front of the house. Not after a dry verge would rather stick with mortar. Problem area is towards the drain.

0645168B-1FD1-4270-A60A-8BF586DFE289.jpeg

3375EBC2-5A98-4C83-A99F-E738B1309C3C.jpeg

Man on a ladder and doing a shoddy patch up.  £1k

Proper job with scaffolding  £3k maybe more. 

And all variations between.

The wall appears to have old, soft bricks and hard cement mortar, causing spalling so start planning for remedial work there.

The bricks appear to be shallow up to eaves level, then more normal thickness above. Interesting.

44 minutes ago, Ozzpala said:

@markc hi mark, house is about 14ft high. House is an end terrace so access couldn’t be any better.  I disagree that is a nightmare of access. Scaffold would need permission. Ladder ? lots of people getting some bad luck. There are some vans with access platforms. Maybe that is the cheaper route. 2 guys one day £500, materials ? cost of access ? Get someone in labour only and you could save. Peace of mind dictates all in price. If I was a busy tradesman ( most of the good ones are) I’d say ‘organise it and I’ll nip in and do it if you can organise the other bits at your cost.’   It has to be safe though or it’s on you.

At 14 ft You will easily find some iddiot that will do it off a ladder for 150 quid 

There was two old guys replacing lead gutters off two ladders Three story crumbling old terraced 

Put an add on market place FB