Running resilient bars not being used for sound attenuation and running parallel with joists

greetings, I have installed resilient bars in our kitchen area and they run perpendicular to the joists, which is the correct orientation. but we have a small area that joins the kitchen and garden room where I need to run the resilient bars along the same line as the joists in that small area. we don't care about noise attenuation as it's under a flat roof/balcony at that point and so I just want to know if there's a safety reason to not run them in that orientation?

the only reason we're installing them in that area and the garden room (which also has a flat roof that's external but the resilient bars will be run perpendicular in the garden room anyway) is to ensure a level ceiling height through the kitchen and garden room.

hope that makes sense.

1 hour ago, nod said:

It will do nothing for acoustics But as you say that doesn’t matter It  will be fine to do that 

thanks. I was pretty sure it would be ok but always best to ask those that actually know! 👍

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Thorfun said:

thanks. I was pretty sure it would be ok but always best to ask those that actually know! 👍

You just need to have the section of RB that will take the PB screw, offset from the edge of the joist. You absolutely must avoid screwing through the plasterboard, through the RB, and into the joist ;) If you don't then you'll end up in a proper state. Set the RB so the 'tongue' is in each void.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Nickfromwales said:

You just need to have the section of RB that will take the PB screw, offset from the edge of the joist. You absolutely must avoid screwing through the plasterboard, through the RB, and into the joist ;) If you don't then you'll end up in a proper state. Set the RB so the 'tongue' is in each void.

The resilient bar is 17mm and the plasterboard 12.5mm so with 25mm screws I’d have to be a real numpty to go all the way through to a joist. 😉