Can you (and is it a good idea) fit a Loxone cabinet above the consumer unit

27 minutes ago, Dan F said:

Drop ceiling where you have this?  That's what we had to do..

It’s too low to do that (2250mm) I don’t mind the industrial look. When we come to board the ceiling we’ll take the ducting down board the ceiling and put it back up again. 

@puntloos Why don't you put your MVHR near the outside wall?  Your ducts to the exterior as they are will need a lot of insulation if you want to keep your PHPP person happy, also you'll lose a small amount of MVHR efficiency.

How about:

- Consumer unit next to the door.

- Loxone where it is but higher up, with cupboards (reduced depth due to ducting at read) above the Loxone panel.

- MVHR on the same wall, but all the way over to the right, ideally at a height that makes changing filters doable without a stepladder.

Edited by Dan F

36 minutes ago, Dan F said:

@puntloos Why don't you put your MVHR near the outside wall?  Your ducts to the exterior as they are will need a lot of insulation if you want to keep your PHPP person happy, also you'll lose a small amount of MVHR efficiency.

How about:

- Consumer unit next to the door.

- Loxone where it is but higher up, with cupboards (reduced depth due to ducting at read) above the Loxone panel.

- MVHR on the same wall, but all the way over to the right, ideally at a height that makes changing filters doable without a stepladder.

Thanks Dan but in my current design, the MVHR is on the outside wall. The crowded pipe drawing is the old situation, my recent post shows the current thinking

image.png.72a05176599901413edcda1eb9a7d69b.pnga1.thumb.png.6bae099b775853d1627de0c80e2e0ba0.png

Edited by puntloos