should the DPM be visible the whole length of the inside / outside cavity wall on the inside of the cavity

LSB

So, blocks laid, DPM placed, blocks carry on.

The DPM can be seen in some places and is hidden by mortar in others.

Is this a damp bridging issue and should the mortar be cleared along the DPM so it's proud of the blocks.

TIA

55 minutes ago, LSB said:

So, blocks laid, DPM placed, blocks carry on.

The DPM can be seen in some places and is hidden by mortar in others.

Is this a damp bridging issue and should the mortar be cleared along the DPM so it's proud of the blocks.

TIA

Photos please. 

here is a photo, there is a side wall at right angles where the DPM is sticking out, but the whole of that wall has DPM at that level, same as on the external wall.

The inside has scaffolding so I can't get to photo that side

image.thumb.jpeg.879bf505715869bacb14473367bd63f6.jpeg

Not the best to have the DPC breached, but probably not going to cause you any issues.

Lots of times now I see gangs use wider DPC that flaps over both sides of the brick, then cut it back on the face brick once BC have signed it off

I would say that if its in and flush to the face side of the wall you should be OK. Its not perfect but I doubt that you would get much in the way of damp issues for the bridged  millimetre or two. Think of face brickwork where nobody wants to see the DPC sticking out of the wall and it is pointed over. Thousands of houses have been built like this without any problems. Otherwise i would say that the blockwork is of good quality, well thought out bonding and full joints. Just how I like it. The ties should be at 750 mm centres though and not 900 mm like those are.

• Like 1

On 30/06/2023 at 18:06, Dave Jones said:

if that is the internal skin then should be using longer damp so it can lap down onto the DPM that goes under your slab. otherwise you will have to use the expensive paint on stuff.

the inside DPC is wider, these pictures were from the cavity side.

The other side hangs about 150mm