ASHP Slab ducting query

MarkW1979

I have decided to install an ASHP over a boiler (mainly due to grant still being available) but have overlooked the fact that I might need ducting in the slab (and am not far away from this stage). The ASHP installers are very slow to respond and I'm very impatient at the moment!

I would be grateful if someone could confirm my basic understanding.

The ducting is for the flow and return pipes to the system and possibly also the electric cable to power the unit? Diameter needs to be suitable to house these items obviously - around 50mm (and ideally insulated). The bends need to allow for the bend radius of the plastic pipe (i.e. no right angles in any axis).

My manifold for UFH is in the utility room downstairs (not all that far from where the ashp will be situated) and my hot water tank will be upstairs. I'm assuming I need to install the ducting in the slab to get me to the utility where I tee off flow/return to the manifold (consumer unit will also be here for power) and flow/return will also continue up through the ceiling void and across to the cupboard housing the tank? Simplified obviously, but is that basically what I am aiming for?

Many thanks,

Mark

ASHP flow will come in to house, the split to cylinder and UFH will not be a tee it will be a three way diverter valve. So it's no good in the floor.

If you have a service void in the wall I would be running the pipes in that not your floor. Same with the power and Comms cables.