System working, but meter not counting/solid red?

Andehh

We connected our solar array following the dismantling of it off our old roof 2 years ago. 

The inverter had failed in that time, which has been replaced and all looked to be OK. 

The house is not complete yet, so after an afternoon of generation I nipped over to check and the inverter had recorded 4.7kwh of generation.... But my solar meter had not increased. It also has a solid red LED. 

Any thoughts on why it would not be counting the units? House is probably drawing 0w right now, so surely it would just be dumping it to grid... So still generating?

Edited by Andehh

• Andehh changed the title to System working, but meter not counting/solid red?

Biggest culprit is the generation meter having been cabled arse-backwards. If your confident, turn off all isolators (after sundown) and take the cover off the meter. Send some pics and tell us which cables are from solar and which are from the CU.

• Thanks 1

Thanks nick! , my electrician is on site tomorrow so I'll ask him to reverse it and see if it gets it flashing again. 

Is there any damage caused by getting it the wrong way round? 

Not a pic of it opened up, but attached pic shows it. Right pair wires go to inverter's isolator, left hand pair go to consumer unit. 

He is back tomorrow to tidy up cables and finish the install. 

20230606_131330.jpg

Edited by Andehh

Left pair of terminals are "in"  so they connect to the inverter.  So just swap them over.

And put a box or a bit of trunking to cover the single insulated cables, left pair in the picture need drastically shortening.

• Thanks 1