Skim before window board?

jayc89

Dropped a ball with the internal window boards, they won't be here for another couple of weeks. Can I PB the rest of the reveal, have that skimmed and slide the window board in later? I assume, ideally, the PB would sit on top of the board?

I did our window boards after plastering.  Mainly because we had not decided what to use.

I left a "slot" in the PB at the bottom of each side for the window board, a bit smaller than I thought was needed.  When I eventually fitted the boards I had to trim a little off that with the multitool to slide the boards in, and then there was a little filling with caulk afterwards.

• 2 weeks later...

Window board on and skimmed last week. The finish looks pretty rough to me, appreciate around the window board will be a PITA as there isn't much room, but there's rough to the touch bits around all of the window reveal.

The guy who did it said the reveal needs a light rub down and he's coming back to look at the bits around the window board. 

Am I being OTT?

IMG_6586.jpg

IMG_6587.jpg

IMG_6588.jpg

IMG_6589.jpg

IMG_6591.jpg

Just now, Dave Jones said:

would have extended the cill to the wall rather than leave a little  gap. Doesnt look that bad in fairness, decent decorator will polish it up.

In hindsight that would have been a better idea. Luckily I don't have any more narrow rooms to content with.