Wetroom drain make up?

We have a wetroom going in our bungalow. 

It's build up is:

1) Block beam

2) insulation

3) concrete slab

4) wetroom tray (white plastic preformed) 

5) Self leveller or equiv, something which blends the tray in with the rest of the room

6) blue tanking fluid x 2

7) Slip membrane 

8) Tiles

What I don't understand is what the drain details will be, how it is sealed up with so many layers? Usually I've seen some sort of bowl that is silcioned to it, but I don't see one in the drain kit on site. 

Pic attached! Thanks 

20230527_091845.jpg

20230527_120059.jpg

Tiler did the room like the attached pic (whole room is blue, the floor just has the anti crack mat laid in top of it), but the plumber is doing the Drains. 

The wetroom tray only came with the large plastic former, then a metal stainless steel glue in plate for the Drains to be mounted into...which is what the pics show. Tiler using the white spacer as a guide in pic below. 

The kit just contained the metal grate rubber gasket then 4 of those white spacer things. 

Tiler did everything, but has left it like the previous pics. 

20230517_143319.jpg

Edited by Andehh

That's my love of expanding foam, figured it wouldn't hurt to try and insulate the pipework as we want warm towels but not an uncomfortably room warm.... Every little helps! :D

1 minute ago, Andehh said:

That's my love of expanding foam, figured it wouldn't hurt to try and insulate the pipework as we want warm towels but not an uncomfortably room warm.... Every little helps! :D

Ahh…right. I thought it was some plumbing wizardry that I hadn’t seen before. 

1 minute ago, TonyT said:

To be fair we only use fire rated stuff

now, saves using the yellow stuff and carrying different cans

It's a load of nonsense tbh as the FR rated stuff is bloody flammable! You're not supposed to use it where a gap exceeds 6mm or something daft.