Leads for imaging editing services to place a 'CGI version' of our house design into photos of the current scene?

Hi,

Does anyone have any leads / recommendations for imaging editing services - I want to drop our CAD house design into photos of the existing scene. This is to appease some LPA requests.

The quality of the render of the house design isn't crazy important - it's the visual relationship between the proposed building and a 'heritage' building nearly that's the thing.

Ta, Alan

Thanks for the reply - I've contacted one guy on there but I suspect he's more 'real estate retouching'. We'll see.

I forgot to ask - anyone know the right term for this - compositing / staging seem to be close but not quite there? Similarly 'property CGI' which seems to be high-end photo-realistic stuff.

Edited by Alan Ambrose

>>> but next time one pops up I’ll share the details.

Thanks for that. It's this sort of thing, of course, where the barn-style building on the left is 'CGI' and superimposed:

image.jpeg.3e017ff9303083b4a52c5030d9a1c68f.jpeg

Edited by Alan Ambrose

• 1 month later...

A bit of an update for anyone doing this in future...

The search term to use is 'architectural photomontage services'. There are 2/3/4 separate graphics tasks, not all graphics people can/will do all:

+ Model in 3D model to get 3D shape, probably with no or c..p  materials/textures on.

+ Paint some decent materials/textures onto the model.

+ Adjust lighting / white balance etc etc to approximately match the donor images.

+ Tweak the chosen images for lens distortion etc and remove any unwanted artifacts, objects etc.

+ Position the painted 3D models on the chosen images, in the right place/orientation.

+ Cut out from the tweaked images any bits of the foreground that need to be super-imposed and place over.

Voila.

• Like 1

I found:

https://www.renderedimage.uk/

https://offplan3d.com/architectural-visualization/verified-views-and-architectural-photomontage/

etc.

Canski offered up https://www.whitechalk.co.uk/ (thanks) as people who regularly spammed him.

I'm currently using a guy on fiverr who seems to be professional and very reasonable. I'll put a link up on here when I receive the results, assuming they're good.

OK just to report back - for anyone else needing these kind of services. I used these guys:

https://www.fiverr.com/quark_visuals

- and they we're professional and reasonably priced.

I was careful to write a 8-page brief specifying my objectives and the exact viewpoints and another 7-page brief on materials (lots of images in both of these). They were careful to do quick mock-up images to verify the content / viewpoints etc which I thought was professional. I supplied the CAD models from Fusion (actually in sketch-up format) and the block plan drawings for positioning. The objective wasn't to make the whole thing 100% photo realistic (actually better so the split between what is rendered and what is original image is clear) but to demonstrate what the casual viewer would see looking at our proposed build in relation to the farmhouse 'heritage asset'. There was a bit of flexibility on both sides - I asked them to add a driveway and adjust some colours and I put up with some small image artifacts (which are inevitable with this kind of image manipulation). I chose to build on top of Google street view images (which were fortunate as they were taken on a sunny day). These are not the best quality, but it does allows the LPA to verify the images.

Here's  the kind of thing - our proposed building is on the left:

Single Storey Viewpoint 2 (small).jpg

Edited by Alan Ambrose
  • Like 1