Hanging radiators

Just about to start hanging 5 radiators, done abit of research and noticed these manthorpe radiator guides are not ideal when coming upwards from first floor.  Don’t think it’s going to be possible to bend the flow and return to the level at which we need them.

Would it be okay to put a 90deg elbow on the flow and return to get us down to the valve height?

Looking at these valves, is the push fit compatible with all 10mm pipe? I’ve already purchased smart trvs so ideally need to find this without trv.

james

FEB95392-9074-42F8-8C66-5235972F49C5.jpeg

C77E4176-B570-4452-8873-63CA4EE22882.jpeg

Depending on the pipe used, you maybe surprised. I'd trail fit the rad and see if the pipe bends easily enough. The least joints the better.

IMO a 90 bend may give you more problems .

Also try using the left pipe for the right-hand side and visa versa. 

Edited by Jenki
More info

@Jenki

The piping used is jg it has some movement but not sure how much pressure it’s going to be applying to the fittings.

Are all the push fit connections equal in quality and fit plastic the same? I don’t mind paying a little extra for piece of mind. Thanks for the idea of swapping the pipes over as this might release some pressure on the bends, I’ll see how it looks.

Also can’t seem to find any valves without the trv, don’t need them as I have some wunda smart trvs, can you recommend somewhere that sell good quality valves?

Regards. James

@gaz_moose

Thanks for your reply, I’m aware about mixing plastic pipes and fittings but I’m not sure how you decide what radiator push fit connections will fit best to JG pipe or maybe it doesn’t matter?

I think it’s flow on the left side and return on the right, not sure if pipes will rotate. Does it Make  any difference Which way the water flows through the radiator?

Also does it make any difference what type of trv valve I go for, it will be connected to a Wunda smart trv head?

Regards. James