Cost of ASHP installation

Hi,

I'm working on a cost comparison between build it ourselves with frame and raft and using a turnkey operation (quoted). I've just got back an estimators on line document which prices most things for us doing it up but omits the ASHP and MVHR.

The design is 178m2 of simple rectangle shape. Walls at 0.11 and roof at 0.1, insulated raft and triple glazed windows. Assume a very good Air tightness. I need a budget figure for an ASHP installation and a MVHR as these are included in the turnkey price and I need to compare the overall costs of each approach.

Thanks in anticipation.

Are you looking for a full design and is tall package, DIY, or mix n match? Probably full design, supply and install for a direct comparison?

Your house will have a very low head load, you'd be looking at a 5 kW heatpump at the most, maybe a 210 or 300l cylinder, depending on how many live in the house. DIY, £5k, purchase and get a plumber / spark to install, £6-7k. If you go to an MCS installer for a full package, expect £10k.

MVHR similar story, but prices of units vary a lot so could be anywhere from £3k to £5k depending on unit and who installs it.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Conor said:

Are you looking for a full design and is tall package, DIY, or mix n match? Probably full design, supply and install for a direct comparison?

Your house will have a very low head load, you'd be looking at a 5 kW heatpump at the most, maybe a 210 or 300l cylinder, depending on how many live in the house. DIY, £5k, purchase and get a plumber / spark to install, £6-7k. If you go to an MCS installer for a full package, expect £10k.

MVHR similar story, but prices of units vary a lot so could be anywhere from £3k to £5k depending on unit and who installs it.

Isn't there a gov grant of 5k if you get MCS installer, so doesn't that make it the same as DIY.

£10k is with the grant.

I have just completed a DIY install 6kW ASHP, didn't need the cylinder, everything else was around £2500. There are cylinders suitable for a heat pump for £800 (250l) on eBay, so a grand total of £3300 with some shopping about.