flooring for a kid's room

puntloos

Designing room for our currently 6yo kid. Question is which floor type, or combination of floor types, is best for him? The two options

1/ Amtico - (83 GBP per sqm for Spacia, inc install, inc VAT, inc underlay)

- Indestructible, almost

- Looks modern, solid

- Super easy to clean

2/ Carpet - (59.50 GBP per sqm for good quality, inc install, vat, underlay)

- Best foot feel (and we don't wear shoes in our house)

- Harder to clear

- Dies quicker especially if rolling a desk chair over it all the time

Because we have a large room for him, we are considering doing carpet in his sleeping section (top) and amtico in his play/work section with desk, desk chair(rollers!) 

opinions? Do kids even like carpet? Other than price any hidden/unknown upsides downsides?

image.thumb.png.dd7a9253c0ed3b9c6940e38c409fa1d9.png

Edited by puntloos

Anyone? I sense that carpets are nicer but harder to maintain in a good state (impromptu impressionistic painting sessions..) - do kids hate amtico?

Edited by puntloos

Just now, puntloos said:

Anyone? I sense that carpets are nicer but harder to maintain - do kids hate amtico?

Our 4 year old regularly, i.e all the time, plays on either engineered oak / Amtico depending where he is in the house, we only have carpet upstairs. No complaints from the little scone. A nice rug helps too and if something is spilt can be machine washed.

I did engineered oak in the last house in all the bedrooms. 3 girls, and despite the, no shoes on in the house rule, the youngest One put hundred of dents in hers, trying on lots of shoes in order to pick which ones she wanted to wear going out. If i was doing it again i would go LVT. I'm a big fan of LVT, and i'm prob going to use it all over the ground floor in my new house, and in all the bathrooms. I'm just not a fan of tiles. LVT and a rug would be my choice.

• 1 month later...