So if you get 3 phase does that mean you cannot avail of off peak?

We will have a 3 phase pole in our garden and if we want 3 phase we would need to say now. I am tempted purely to be able to fast charge a car which I think would be useful going forward. But on the other hand cost??? Also I presume we wouldn't be able to avail of off peak.

I checked and I know the unit cost is the same a single phase so its the installation which will be rather yikes. I suppose that would include paying for a transformer?

Costs may not be as much as you think, it would be worth getting a quote from the DNO, but as you say, it may depend on available capacity on the line you’re connected to.

Off-peak tariffs are available on 3-phase. We have Octopus Go on our 3-phase supply and it all works as expected, the meter just adds together the 3 lines to give a total kWh consumed.

• Like 2

>>> the installation which will be rather yikes. I suppose that would include paying for a transformer?

Not sure which part of the install cost you were thinking of? No transformer charge if it's a 'Low Voltage' overhead line i.e. 230V per phase. Ask your DNO and they will give you cost / availability etc.

• Like 1