Recent use of Jackon

Hi all

Having been a insulhub isotex fallout victim, we are re looking at options.

It feels like Jackon could be a good choice due to local builder availability (Vs nudura resource) and not entirely confident on beko.

Does anyone here have recent Jackon experience or thoughts on this one? Although it is starting to feel like their is only minor (insignificant) differences between EPS style ICF options and it comes down to the builder....

1 hour ago, SB2023 said:

Hi all

Having been a insulhub isotex fallout victim, we are re looking at options.

It feels like Jackon could be a good choice due to local builder availability (Vs nudura resource) and not entirely confident on beko.

Does anyone here have recent Jackon experience or thoughts on this one? Although it is starting to feel like their is only minor (insignificant) differences between EPS style ICF options and it comes down to the builder....

I went on the Isotex, Nudura & Jackon training and ended up going with Jackon... My Jackon structure went up this year, with no complaints. Let me know if you have any specific questions.

• Thanks 1

• 1 year later...

I would advise against using jackson/bewi based on recent experience. They have struggled to supply our latest site with enough blocks to keep my guys busy and the after sales care has been pretty terrible to be honest, so I'd recommend looking elsewhere.

• 2 months later...

Although I appreciate that this is a largely self build forum and ICF is predominantly advertised as a self build product, there are are a number of benefits achievable through using an experienced contractor for ICF works.  The main one, and especially pertinent to this thread, is the relationship. A contractor will have long term relationships in place which aren't necessarily based on "sell sell sell".   My main point is that everyone has a bad customer experience story from self building but that shouldn't be counted against the product.  In our experience, ICF distributors offer different levels of service dependent on location and personnel.  It does hold the industry back.  

Putting a professional between yourself and the manufacturer is a safety net.  Try ringing up ideal standard about a bath.  You'll get more joy from the supplier more often than not.

• Like 1