Sketchup vs roomsketcher

I've been using sketchup to do some basic drawings and 3D room layouts. I find it a bit clunky to use and often find that I have to google how to do something, rather than being able to discover it more intuitively. I don't mind that too much, it's a free bit of software after all. However, today I tried to import a sofa from their "3D warehouse". I found the selection of sofas available very small and when I finally did import one, it was very oddly proportioned. When I scaled it up to make the length meet my 210cm requirement, it looked very wrong compared to the height of my in room "dummy.manequin". I measured it using the tape measure function and shore enough, although the length was 210cm as required, the height of the sofa was only 54cm and the depth only 70cm, which just seems very small for a a three seater sofa. The whole point of my sketching session was to see how differently sized sofas would look in different positions; it won't work if it's incorrectly proportioned.

Are there ways around this in sketchup?   Alternatively, is it worth paying one of the cheaper subscriptions in roomsketcher and trying that? Does it have more appropriately sized objects such as furthniture, and bookcases. Only thing that's putting me off is the need to commit to a yearly subscription with room sketcher.

Scratch that, I've figured out how to stretch furniture in sketchup! 

Still interested in views from people as to whether it's worth paying for a subscription to use roomsketcher if you can just about get by with sketchup.

I have roomsketcher. I found it easier to use and much quicker. Quite a big library of materials. Also has building blocks for more awkward dimensions. It can’t do external roofs and I couldn’t work out how to do a vaulted ceiling but it’s good enough to help visualise rooms and layouts floor by floor999AC93C-514B-41F7-9B0A-0344F84CCC20.thumb.jpeg.c40a348a85e04891cffd77f26545b7e9.jpeg

The yearly one I think. They did a 50% off deal just before Christmas. It also uses a credit structure for things like detailed 3D rendering. It’ll do live 3D so you can manipulate it etc as part of the software but if you want a detailed 3D rendered picture or video fly through it costs credits. You get quite a lot with your sub so I’ve not bought any more. 

Edited by Kelvin

I'm using Sketchup Make 2017, which was the last free windows version I think. Only thing I miss, is that they have disabled access to the 3dwarehouse for old versions. I'm sure there is probably a way around this, but not needed it yet

Free version of Sketchup here too. Alas some of my earlier work is trapped in the 3d warehouse. Maybe for the best really. 

If you are familiar with the dark arts of some P2P sharing sites you may still be able to find a free version. Just don't update after install.