What's a good tape for EPS under a screed?

Thorfun

in the basement when I put down PIR for under the screed I taped it with silver tape before putting the DPM down.

now on the ground floor I'm using EPS for under the screed, 2 x layers of 50mm EPS100. what is a good tape for EPS?

image.jpeg.71814de977643a349668cbc6d22078d5.jpeg

Just now, JohnMo said:

Do you need tape? A polythene sheet over the whole lot will stop any screed getting under and lifting it up.

that's a good question! I was told to tape the PIR so just figured I'd tape the EPS as well. I like to give the impression of doing things properly. 

17 minutes ago, JohnMo said:

I was good and taped all my PIR joints, and covered in a polythene sheet, but on reflection I have no idea why I taped it. All the gaps were already filled with expanding foam and cut back.

belt and braces? but also, how do you know things wouldn't have gone wrong if you didn't tape the joints? unless you do one floor with taping and another without you'd never know.

7 minutes ago, saveasteading said:

When it goes wrong , it goes very wrong. Seen it once and it won't happen again.

You did the right thing.

And I’d like to do the right thing again this time! Just need to know what’s the best tape to use for EPS! 😂

4 minutes ago, nod said:

I wouldn’t bother taping 

But if your looking for something that will stick and stay stuck 

Jaffa tape Five quid for 25 meters 

Would foaming any gaps be good enough? And do you mean gaffa tape? Or is Jaffa tape a thing? (Checking Google now!)

1 hour ago, Phil Sacre said:

It might depend on your screed.

Liquid or stiff?

You don't want a liquid getting in joints making your insulation float.

You don't want liquid getting under a poly sheet either.

it's a liquid screed. already done the prep work for one load. i promise you the chance of getting the liquid screed under the DPM will be minimal but i'll be foaming all gaps between EPS sheets (if there are any) and taping them for good measure. the benefit of self-building is you can belt and braces everything! takes ******* ages though. just ask @pocster.

• Like 1