Perinsul blocks

Mr Blobby

Have you called Foamglass direct? I know they’ll say you need to go to a disti but if you explain your predicament they might be able to help you. I had the same problem with my insulated trench blocks so called Mannok directly and between them and my local build supply company we were able to sort it. 

25 minutes ago, Kelvin said:

Have you called Foamglass direct? I know they’ll say you need to go to a disti but if you explain your predicament they might be able to help you. I had the same problem with my insulated trench blocks so called Mannok directly and between them and my local build supply company we were able to sort it. 

I called around the Irish distributors at the start of the week and heard back today that there are none in Ireland.

So I'm in Wales for a couple of days and had hoped to find some here in GB but without any sucess.

I phoned foamglass earlier and explained I was desperate and couldnt find any stock anywhere.  The Welsh rep said foamglas had no stock and he put me in touch with an English distributor who he said would carry some stock.  That distibutor had no stock of course and so he he emailed the Belgium factory to get delivery times but of course its a bank holiday so he isnt going to get back to me until Tuesday. 

The clock is ticking. 

Edited by Mr Blobby

57 minutes ago, Kelvin said:

What a pia. I know that stress as went through it last month. Is there another product you can use like Marmox Thermoblock? 

Yes, I'm really peed off that foamglass just fobbed me off with a distributor.

I did think of marmox but we need 200mm height, so two high of 100mm block.

The problem with marmox is they can't be stacked and don't do a 200mm block.  I did phone marmox to double check and they insisted the blocks cant be stacked.  Something to do with the rods that go through the middle

Edited by Mr Blobby

In case anyone else is looking to use 215mm perinsol blocks, order them early.  Very early.

The foamglas factory in Belgium called me yesterday.  They don't even have ny stock at the factory and there is a backlog of orders.

So we'll not be using perinsol blocks.  We'll be using one course of quinlite bock and one course of marmox thermoblock on top.

Anyone know a marmox stockist in Northern Ireland?

On 09/04/2023 at 17:37, JackofAll said:

Just curious, if you are going with a Kore raft what do you need the blocks for?

The SE drawings for the slab include two sections where the EPS 300 is replaced by perinsol blocks, and the perinsul blocks are in turn supported by concrete pads. 

I guess some extra support is needed here.  It looks like this:

image.thumb.png.3d4b02237dbcf231e821e09cce84e94b.png

In the end we went for Partel CF200 instead of perinsul. The problem with the CF200 is it is eye-wateringly expensive.  I reckon a single thermalite 100 block on top of a single quinlite block would have similar performance for a fractoion of the cost but the SE approves the CF200 and its easy to get hold of. 

Edited by Mr Blobby
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

The SE drawings for the slab include two sections where the EPS 300 is replaced by perinsol blocks, and the perinsul blocks are in turn supported by concrete pads. 

I guess some extra support is needed here.  It looks like this:

image.thumb.png.3d4b02237dbcf231e821e09cce84e94b.png

In the end we went for Partel CF200 instead of perinsul. The problem with the CF200 is it is eye-wateringly expensive.  I reckon a single thermalite 100 block on top of a single quinlite block would have similar performance for a fractoion of the cost but the SE approves the CF200 and its easy to get hold of. 

Take it that it's a 2 storey with hollowcore slabs you are going with judging by the detail. Could probably hold up a multistorey carpark😀

• Like 1

Just now, JackofAll said:

Take it that it's a 2 storey with hollowcore slabs you are going with judging by the detail. Could probably hold up a multistorey carpark😀

Indeed it is! And it's being installed this week.  I'm not tense at all. 😕

The KORE installers have seen this detail before so it looks like a common enough approach but obviously a bit more work is needed to make the concrete pads.