Plastic pipe conduit

Rowly13

Anyone know if hep2o pipe or any other 15mm plastic for that matter will push through a piece of 3 metre conduit in situ. If so what conduit would you use. 25mm electrical conduit or I see speedfit do a purpose made corrugated Flexi conduit. Just not sure if it's made for pipe to be pushed through once its all in place. Thanks.

We have 16mm pipe in conduit cast on concrete floor.  When it was done the pipe moved about reasonably easily. No bends or really long one are required.  Once in place you would hope there is no need to replace.

Not sure if there is any difference in the electrical conduit compared to speedfit except the price.

I've 15mm PB pipe run in 25mm electrical conduit for protection. 

I often get my lad to 3D print spheres, cones etc to go on the end of cables. Makes it easier to push through corrugated duct. A cut down silicone tube nozzle, slipped over the cable is something else I use.

• Like 1

Those speed fit type conduits aren't made for pipe to be pushed through in situ.

You'll get a 15 mm pipe through a 25 mm MDPE though.

The gas folks shove plastic pipe through rough old iron pipe.

First slice the pipe at a VERY shallow angle. You're trying to create a "lead in" or taper about 1 foot long. Slide off the end such that it isn't a sharp point.

Then silicone grease up the outside.

Then shove. Twist when it gets stuck. That'll move the "tip" out of any groove that it's stuck in / orient it in a direction that it's more flexible for getting around a corner.

Thanks for the advice. Was hoping the speedfit conduit would allow a pipe to be pushed through in situ but I was concerned it wouldn't as it's corrugated. 

I've found a route that I can run the pipe later and then close the boxing in up around it. Any problems later and I've made a note of where the clips are so I can drill some round 100mm holes and feed a new length in. Shouldn't ever need to though fingers crossed.