Easy action stapler

Thorfun

I have an old-ish staple gun that I find ok to use but the wife finds it too hard to use. the trigger requires quite a bit of force. without wanting to buy a load of different staplers to try can anyone recommend a good stapler that has an easy-action 'trigger'?

A cordless stapler can be had for less than £30 or perhaps a hammer tacker? Depends on what you're stapling and how much. My preference is to use air staplers as they'll do 1000s in a day with no sweat, but they obviously need a compressor.

2 minutes ago, SimonD said:

A cordless stapler can be had for less than £30 or perhaps a hammer tacker? Depends on what you're stapling and how much. My preference is to use air staplers as they'll do 1000s in a day with no sweat, but they obviously need a compressor.

we have a hammer tacker and that was great for external membrane on the timber frame. but this is for stapling AVCL which needs to be a bit more accurate that slamming a hammer tacker in the general vicinity of where you want a staple!

don't need to do 1000s in a day as this job will (hopefully) be finished soon. but at the moment she has to wait for me to do stapling whereas if I buy a stapler she can use then she can do the work herself!

15 minutes ago, Thorfun said:

took a look and didn't fancy any of those cheap cordless staplers. so, me being me, I ordered this https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07FHLGWZY?psc=1&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&ref_=chk_typ_imgToDp for delivery tomorrow. should do the trick! 🙂 

That should do the job, I've started to take a liking to some of Milwauki's 12v stuff. Otherwise Tacwise staplers tend to be a good balance between price and performance. I've got some blinding Tacwise kit I never expected to last as well as it has.

• Like 1