Looking for Groundworkers - Central Scotland

Bigdeadbadger

Hello BuildHub,

I was looking to see if anyone had any recommendations for groundworkers in/near central Scotland - looking to start asap.

Currently having limited success with cold calling - so any recommendations would be appreciated.

Building Warrant in place and ready to go - insulated slab.

Thanks

I’m sorry to tell you that it took me months to find someone in Perthshire. I started looking 5 months prior to getting my warrant as I anticipated it wouldn’t be easy. I contacted 6 companies and got three quotes back two of which took several months of chasing to get.  The company I’m using is SD Clark Planthire in Blairgowrie. Fortunately for me he lives at the bottom of the hill from our plot so very convenient. I can’t recommend him more highly. Whether he’ll cover your area depends on where you are in Central Scotland as he has plenty of work around here. 

I found lining up the groundswork company the hardest part of identifying trades for our build. Good luck! 

Thanks for the details Kelvin, i'll give them a buzz although maybe too far for them (West Lothian) , but agree with your sentiment.  Earlier searches I tried were also unfruitful because builders were (understandably) cautious about engaging before BW was approved.  Now that is has been approved - it doesn't seem any easier! 

I’m pretty sure he won’t come to West Lothian.

I started to get quotes in  as soon as I got the SE foundation design and final warrant drawings. I didn’t wait to get the warrant. By the time we got the warrant approval I’d selected the groundswork company. By then it was December and we planned to make a start as soon as weather permitted in February. The stress I had was I had to commit to a delivery date for the kit which is the 17 April so securing a groundswork company early was crucial for my programme schedule. 

• 3 weeks later...