Applying stone/brick slip to Nudura

I'm planning to use a srine slip product on the outside of Nudura construction. I cannot find a decent explanation of what is required or how to do this.

Has anyone done this? If so, can you point me at some good guidance, or be willing to answer a ton of questions 🙃

Not me but google found..

https://www.brickslip.co/video-pst/icf-insulated-concrete-form-brick-slip-system/

ICF (Insulated Concrete Form) Brick Slip System

The ThermClad 35mm brick slip system is ideally adapted to ICF type construction projects and is designed to be fixed directly through to the internal webbing of any such system. It is compatible with ICF systems such as Nudura, Sunbloc, Uniblock etc

But ask Nudura as they must have some idea. Their web site has pictures of houses with what looks like stone on the outside.

Don't know whether this affects you but I've been told today by the distributor that for example Plus series (100mm extra on the outside) does not allow even for cladding (unlike the one with inserts). Slightly annoying although understandable. 

13 hours ago, BotusBuild said:

That's understandable, but fortunately I have used standard forms, where the plastic web comes to within about 15mm of the surface

Did you have to jump through any hoops to satisfy new BRegs - AFAIK standard forms don't provide a low enough u-value? 

On 13/03/2023 at 18:39, oldkettle said:

Don't know whether this affects you but I've been told today by the distributor that for example Plus series (100mm extra on the outside) does not allow even for cladding (unlike the one with inserts). Slightly annoying although understandable. 

In that case you'd use a rainscreen design. Battens fitted with 150mm galvanised screws, cement board to the battens, then your slips. Obviously a bigger cost, but has other advantages (don't quote me, vague memory from reading a passive house + article about the rainscreen design being preferred option for EWI structures.)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Conor said:

In that case you'd use a rainscreen design. Battens fitted with 150mm galvanised screws, cement board to the battens, then your slips. Obviously a bigger cost, but has other advantages (don't quote me, vague memory from reading a passive house + article about the rainscreen design being preferred option for EWI structures.)

Thank you, I was sure there was a solution. 

For cladding I thought only battens would be required, the question is how to attach them through 167mm of insulation straight into the webs. 

The AT who is still working on our BRegs (have to chase again!) said cladding was cheaper than rendering. This issue may well mean it's the other way around.