Mofo windows

Eating my homemade chicken Ceylon and the music streamer stops - which has never happened.

Reboot router , switches , ha hub .

(expletive deleted)ing windows decides to do an update . Wft !

Mission critical it is ! . Landing a plane , removing uranium rods from reactor , my HA ! . You can’t just (expletive deleted) everything because bill gates is a (expletive deleted) .

You can imagine my language when I finally log in remotely and windows greats me with “ Hi “ …

😖

5D7035F5-7496-4197-B1B5-CA8386FBAFD2.jpeg

I know I’m only a few steps away from “ Demon seed “ . Chatxx bollocks makes shitty robot , impregnates SWMBO and produces (expletive deleted)ed up off spring that dominates the world ! .

But (expletive deleted) soft ( aka Microsoft ) leave me alone until then .

1 hour ago, Kelvin said:

User error. Switch auto updates off or schedule them to the wee small hours

Nope . Done that . It decides to update at some point when it wants . As it’s running headless I don’t check it regularly for when it wants to update / screw things up .

After an update some ha things don’t work without manual input . It’s not like it updates / reboots and all is good . Just wish it could email me or similar before an update ….

1 hour ago, pocster said:

It decides to update at some point when it wants

Yes there does seem to be a limit to how long you can defer updates. The other 'trick' the OS plays on you that I've long suspected is that some simple thing like opening the file explorer fails to work and you end up rebooting to restore sanity. Gotcha!