Zigbee question

Anyone here understand Zigbee systems?  I'm thinking of buying an LED controller like this one..

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B09TKJSQLR?ref_=pe_780071_41837251_dpLink

It says it works with an RF remote but isn't supplied with one. If I can find out which remote it uses will I also need a hub/ gateway to get them to talk to each other? 

I don't expect to use the remote much, just set up the lamp to one colour and leave it alone. It's just that this controller is one of the thinnest I can find.

Zigbee stuff in my limited experience can be a bit “ erm “ . If you use a dedicated bridge like Philips hue and anything compatible with that - should be good . But once you venture off that path then you take on the devils pants .

Edited by pocster

I use a Sonoff USB Dongle attached and old Laptop that I use as a VM host and which runs Home Assistant to drive my ZigBee devices.  HA has preconfigured support for all sorts of devices including LED controllers, though I don't know if it directly supports this one.  However, my suggestion is that you work out what home automation system you want to choose, then pick a controller that is properly supported by it.

I don't really want any HA.

I'm building an illuminated bathroom mirror for my own use and want to be able to tune the back-light colour and brightness once, then will probably leave it alone. I've already checked that the led controller remembers it's settings over a power cut because once set up it will be operated by a light switch.

I've now recieved info that the RF remote talks direct to the controller so no hub needed for what I want to do. Apparently they both have to be the PRO version. Have decided to order up a pair and see how it goes.