Minimalist Electric Fireplace advice

Man, fireplace 'stores' are weird. So far, they almost treat fireplaces like white goods, so it's basically "here's a thing, it's GBP 1000, we will come bring you the thing and maybe plug it in".

So then there's me who saw this picture in a magazine:

image.thumb.png.78d2109a1f07afcba767e82abbe5bfb1.png

- Electrical fireplace e.g. https://www.dimplex.co.uk/optimyst

- Some type of light stone enclosure (actual stone - stone slips? - preferred, but I wouldn't even mind just some cladding against a standard wall.)

- Slate (or cheaper) backing material

And taking this picture to fireplace companies, so far, hasn't worked quite well. The fireplace company can sort-of do the fireplace device and a piece of slate to surround it but they don't do the stone slips, not to mention the 'foot' of the fireplace. 

How can I find and/or talk to a fireplace company to design a fireplace, and install

(perhaps collaborate with my builder for the stone slip surround)

Have I just been unlucky to find lazy ones? 

Edited by puntloos

2 hours ago, ProDave said:

So do you actually want a painted steel I beam as a "lintel"?

Ha, well spotted, I didn't even notice. No - meaning I'd be fine with it but I really only care high level about the shape so any "black-ish, box-ish" thing is fine, same with the black backsplash bit, could be slate, could be iron could be.. xyz, happy to go with a cheap/reasonable option especially since this electric fire produces only low amounts of heat (passivhaus, can't really heat at classic levels even if i wanted to) so doesn't have to be some 'tempered in mount doom' type materials at all.

• 3 weeks later...

I bought the electric fire, designed what I wanted, purchased all

the decorative elements , handed all to builder, carefully and clearly illustrated what I wanted using photos and tasked our builder and plasterer with creating it. Will Pm an image.  Fireplace companies are only happy to advise what you need ..decorative surrounds did not seem to be within their remit. 

• Like 1