does a boiler need a fused box straight away?

morning,

I had a quick question on moving a boiler roughly 2-3 meters sideways, part of finishing our extension. we have separate contractors for gas and electrics and they're likely to work on different days. once the boiler is moved, can I plug it in a normal socket for a few days, until the electrician installs a permanent fused box, or would that cause issues? the socket would be in an easily accessible place, easy to switch off in case of.

thanks!

There is more to boiler electrics usually than "plug it in"  There are usually time clocks, thermostats, motorised valves etc and then it depends if it is a system boiler or combi.

So get your electrician to look at the boiler first and see if he can move the electrics first and keep the boiler powered until moving day with some temporary cable(s)

but even that may not help if the plumber is moving motorised valves and pumps etc.

thanks both. all I know is that the current boiler has literally one "standard" cable coming out of it, but instead of going into a socket, there's a white fused box on the wall where the cable goes. no other components and the thermostat is wireless. I was mainly interested if there's a legal requirement/standard to have it fused, but it sounds like I can use an existing socket until the electrician sorts out the cables.