Advice on channel drainage to solve damp issues

tvrulesme

We're in the process of planning an extension and part of the building works will be to sort out some landscaping issues as well as some internal damp problems caused by high exterior ground levels.

The site is complicated, overall it slopes quite a lot and the detached garage is 465mm above the house.

We are trying to achieve:

• Lower the patio ground levels. I've dug a trial trench around the property and the internal damp now seems to be under control
  • Have a multi level patio as the whole site slopes downwards but we want the areas to be usable for a seating area
  • Finished surface to be yorkstone pavers which will finish a minimum of 150mm below DPC and floor levels
  • All existing rainwater connects to combined waste and BCO has agreed that future rainwater can also join to this as there is no place for a soakaway or any other alternative
  • The building is grade II listed and they are very fussy about changing anything in the existing structure but have agreed to allow channel or french drainage
  • Drainage will most likely be ACO Hexdrain

Current plan is the below which looks complicated but makes every effort to move the water away from the old damp house towards the garage which is much (465mm) higher so will be way below DPC.

18-patio-drainage.thumb.jpg.e1f8f6c6b0860868e41356a7f906f1d2.jpg

Some pictures to show the site

Trial trench around property to reduce damp

IMG_0631copy.thumb.jpeg.e2388e11a2484e1ac5a3c2b046480fec.jpeg

Looking towards where the new extention between the two buildings will be

IMG_0565copy.jpeg.90640af8741ba0d43be8b5a580ce6176.jpeg

Upper Patio with gates

IMG_0561copy.thumb.jpeg.97757bb9b0598c360c44a7785ad4d839.jpeg

Just looking for advice on whether this makes sense or if I am over-complicating it with my nerves over the damp issues?