Anyone used Polish company https://exclusivedoors.eu for Passive house entrance doors?

markharro

I have been in dialogue with them for other a week but now started to ask some questions about airtightness and they appear to be going quiet on me. Their spec sheet offers "up to" class 4 performance but I have asked them to confirm that can supply with a definite class 4 performance.

• 1 year later...

used https://domadeco.com/ for our front door. 44mm steel/inuslation composite. Handless 1100mm wide 2000 tall. 

Couldnt find anything close on the UK market. Made in Poland and delivered direct. 

Using a Nuki electonic lock to avoid the need for keys. It auto opens when you walk upto door from outside.

The local company that made our windows also made our doors. A sandwich construction, with a PIR insulation core, total door U value is 1.0 and airtight. Any issues they are 5 mins away.

Go local

2 minutes ago, JohnMo said:

The local company that made our windows also made our doors. A sandwich construction, with a PIR insulation core, total door U value is 1.0 and airtight. Any issues they are 5 mins away.

Go local

trouble is the UPVC boys cant seem do a 1+m wide front door which you need for disabled regs

corridor has to be a  minimum 900 wide.

door minimum 775mm clear opening (add on at least 50mm each side for frame and 44mm for the door width) so absolute bare minimum structural opening 950. To look halfway decent to work brick 1125mm structural opening.

Called all the large composite door manufacturers and none could do the width.

Hi @SelfBuildSmurf no we didnt in the end. Quite a few emails back and forwards and I got the impression they were a decent company but our need for a passive house standard door meant I had lots of questions. They tried their best to answer these but ultimately I needed a more certain solution. We ended up with an Inotherm (Spitfire branded) door sourced via https://www.ekco.co.uk/front-door/spitfire-doors/s-500-beautifuly-engineered-aluminum-doors/

Its a really good bit of kit. The only negative is that the supplier was clueless about passive house and even when I emailed Inotherm direct (in Slovenia) they claimed that they couldnt release some of the standard PH data to me as it was a "trade secret". Totally bonkers as they advertise that their "no. 1 in Europe" doors are suitable for passivehouse. I meant literally hours spent emails the supplier and PH certifier back and forwards and made what should have been an easy (and expensive) purchase difficult.

Posted (edited)
On 30/06/2024 at 09:51, markharro said:

Hi @SelfBuildSmurf no we didnt in the end. Quite a few emails back and forwards and I got the impression they were a decent company but our need for a passive house standard door meant I had lots of questions. They tried their best to answer these but ultimately I needed a more certain solution. We ended up with an Inotherm (Spitfire branded) door sourced via https://www.ekco.co.uk/front-door/spitfire-doors/s-500-beautifuly-engineered-aluminum-doors/

Its a really good bit of kit. The only negative is that the supplier was clueless about passive house and even when I emailed Inotherm direct (in Slovenia) they claimed that they couldnt release some of the standard PH data to me as it was a "trade secret". Totally bonkers as they advertise that their "no. 1 in Europe" doors are suitable for passivehouse. I meant literally hours spent emails the supplier and PH certifier back and forwards and made what should have been an easy (and expensive) purchase difficult.

That's odd given all the European directives around transparency and consumer rights that they would withold such data.

I'm liaising with Welthaus now, extremely competitively priced and a decent offering of doors with details I can review and implement on the build.

Totally feel your pain about aspects like this feeling far more difficult than they need to be! I may just use some of this new pricing I've obtained to leverage against local suppliers/fitters!

Edited by SelfBuildSmurf

• 1 month later...
On 30/06/2024 at 09:10, JohnMo said:

Go local

Which company did you use?