QS Recommendations

Paul K

We are in need of some initial ‘ballpark’ estimates of build costs for our project - can anyone recommend a quantity surveyor in the Derbyshire area, preferably one with Passivhaus experience?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Bringing in a a surveyor for a single house can be overkill 

Most of the builders merchants offer a QS service Usually a one off payment of about £500 

You simply need to send them your building regs submission and they will do the rest 

+1 for using online companies. Gave a good indication as the bank took it as proof of build costs for our self-build mortgage. 

although I know Jewson offer the service and if I had the relationship then with them that I do now I might’ve used them. Although I’m aware that Jewson aren’t everyone’s cup of tea, they’ve done me a great and well priced service up to now. 

14 hours ago, Thorfun said:

+1 for using online companies. Gave a good indication as the bank took it as proof of build costs for our self-build mortgage. 

although I know Jewson offer the service and if I had the relationship then with them that I do now I might’ve used them. Although I’m aware that Jewson aren’t everyone’s cup of tea, they’ve done me a great and well priced service up to now. 

jewson use estimators online.

• Like 1