Cowboy builder

Tennentslager

The elderly parents in law have been in dispute with a nightmare extension. They are very independent and want to deal with it themselves but after a call with the wife the other night they admitted it's really really getting to them to the point they are considering selling up.

So called around today to look at the blocked sink and traced it back to this.

20230205_161807.thumb.jpg.f74f893d8665fd2799bc008c7e0ecce5.jpg

What you see here is the sink waste exiting the back wall of the legacy house on the right.

On the left is the joist of the new extension.

We think the elbow bend was the original waste from the old kitchen but it was crumbling in my hands and there's a clear 4" between it and the pipe below.

Wasn't connected, the whole lot covered on gravel and old brick/ stones and this is where the kitchen sink and dishwasher has been going for months, FFS.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...

Quick question.

I now have the joy of fixing this, is it okay to use McAlpine compression fittings below this timber floor?

There's little to no access other than through the floor once it's done meaning ripping up the floorboards and finished engineered timber final floor finish.

@Nickfromwales

Two elbow bends and a boss to attach to the soil pipe that's down there 

Fcuk me! 🤬. It would have been a few tenners to replace that all with solvent weld at the time. Assholes.

Compression will be fine, just make sure you have the pipe marked with a sharpie so you know the pipe is all the way into the fitting. Boss fine.

Go for it.

Tell the oldies to disengage from these cocks and to stop upsetting themselves. Life is too short, and these bell-ends aren't coming back. Upon reflection, you wouldn't want them back, let's be honest?!? 

• Like 1