Boarding out garage loft area

Dan1983

Afternoon guys,

Could I please ask the most cost effective way of boarding out a loft area in a detached oak frame garage?

Was thinking ply sheets of some sort but not sure on thickness and if they would be ok in that environment?

Many thanks for any pointers!

1 hour ago, Dan1983 said:

Hi, yes that will be great, the T&G adds rigidity and 600mm wide pieces are much easier to handle than full sheets

1 hour ago, Dan1983 said:

or

18mm Caber/ Krono P5 Chipboard Moisture Resistant Tongue and Groove 2400mm x 1200mm (8′ x 2′) - Sheet Materials Wholesale

Slightly more expensive - "moisture resistant" - if that means anything - but less likely to get a large splinter down your fingernail.  

2 hours ago, Dan1983 said:

Afternoon guys,

Could I please ask the most cost effective way of boarding out a loft area in a detached oak frame garage?

Was thinking ply sheets of some sort but not sure on thickness and if they would be ok in that environment?

Many thanks for any pointers!

First I would be asking, is the roof structure going to take the dead and live loads you presumably intend on imposing on it?

29 minutes ago, Blooda said:

or

18mm Caber/ Krono P5 Chipboard Moisture Resistant Tongue and Groove 2400mm x 1200mm (8′ x 2′) - Sheet Materials Wholesale

Slightly more expensive - "moisture resistant" - if that means anything - but less likely to get a large splinter down your fingernail.  

Great advert .. 2400x1200 (8’x2’) 🤯

• Haha 1